Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Garden Update

Things are looking pretty darn good.  Now... if all the bugs would just go away.


     Cabbage




Onions



 



Peas.  I had 5 of them today.  I'm hoping for more, like 11 or 13 tomorrow!!




Salsa  Tomatoes




Broccoli




More broccoli.  We like broccoli.  A lot.  




Lots and Lots of corn.  I have visions of fresh sweet corn on the cob sometime in January.  So if anyone knows of a way to preserve it in a way that it doesn't turn to mush, I'd LOVE to hear it.




Within the month, we should be having LOTS of fresh veggies!!!

4 comments:

  1. For the corn we have a lot of luck just putting the whole thing - husk and all - in the freezer. If we try to shuck it, that's when we get mush. We stock up on corn through the summer when it's 0.20 cents an ear and freeze for however long, including all the way through winter. Always works great. When you're ready to thaw, we put it in a pitcher of water so it gets really plump right before cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna try some this way!! Do you notice that it's more like fresh corn with this method? I hate that they get mushy. Not even good anymore at that point!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have so much space for your veggies! They're doing really well:) Ours are doing pretty good too - lots of rain in the UK lately. Good for growing I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that this garden is my Dads project :) He's moved in with us since retiring this past spring, and I'm LOVING the fruits of his labor! We've had a lot of rain here in Minnesota too - I hope we get some nice warm weather to help everything grow.

      Delete