Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentines Irony



     Man is it hard to blog regularly.  At least it is for me.   It's difficult to take pictures on a daily basis as well... which was a goal I set for myself for 2012.   

     And here I am... blogging for the first time in 2012 just 2 days before Valentines Day. 

     It's ironic.  I celebrate Christmas from Nov 1st through Mid January.  I adore Christmas.  I love the season which highlights Jesus, Family, Love, Togetherness, and Giving.  I fail miserably at each and every attempt I've ever made to send Christmas cards.  In fact - last year, I even managed to address and stamp each card and then never mailed them.

     As for Valentines Day - it's entirely a commercial holiday in my book.  I wouldn't be offended in the least if Brandt didn't recognize it in any way, shape, or form.  But boy oh boy am I loving having three small children in preschool during the Valentine "Holiday" this year.  I've taken pictures, edited, re-edited, and edited some more.  I made collages for the grandparents & other relatives - and made personalized Valentine Day cards for each of the kids to hand out to their pre-school classes.  I've decorated these cards with hand-tied ribbons & added color-coordinated suckers.

     But the one Holiday I love?   Meh...  Card-wise, I can't get it done. 

     Irony.  At it's finest.  

     Either that or I just had less laundry to do today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment